WHO WE ARE
Who We Are
MFHA is an educational nonprofit that helps individuals and organizations build their Cultural Intelligence to deliver better business results.
What We Do
We deliver multicultural solutions that help raise the topline, improve the bottom-line and build brand value for our member companies.
Whom We Serve
Members and the Industry
“Build culturally intelligent brands and leaders”
Where We Add Value
Our solutions focus on four key audiences:
1. Workforce: attracting, retaining & developing diverse talent
2. Customers: selling and marketing to multicultural markets
3. Community: building relationships that add brand value
4. Suppliers: attracting diverse suppliers & franchisees
Our Definition of Cultural Intelligence
Cultural Intelligence (CI) is having the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to effectively and appropriately engage people from different cultural backgrounds to deliver better business results.
Benefits of Cultural Intelligence
- Increased employee engagement
- Increased innovation and flexibility
- Attract better quality talent
- Improved sales and reduced costs at unit level
- Reduced multicultural risk
How We Help Members
1. Raise the Topline | Sell, Market and Serve Multicultural Markets
2. Improve the Bottom-line | Attract, Engage & Develop Multicultural Talent
3. Build Brand Value | Establish culturally authentic community connections
MFHA Business Case Model
Educate – Cultural Intelligence and professional development training to drive business results.
Advocate – Promote the career and business opportunities that exist with member companies for minority talent.
Connect- Help industry professionals connect with each other for informal mentoring and networking at our events and activities.
2015 Product List
Conferences, Roundtables & Workshops
- The Business Case For Cultural Intelligence
- Engaging Employees From Diverse Cultural Groups
- Multicultural Career Enhancement
- Engaging Multicultural Communities at the Unit Level
- Book a Cultural Intelligence Speaker
- Cultural Intelligence on Demand (video streaming)
- Disability Webinar Series with Solutions Marketing Group
- The Business Case for Cultural Intelligence
- MFHA QCIA (Quick Cultural Intelligence Assessment) – self-administered
- Identifies gaps in versus best practice companies
- MFHA Diagnostic Assessment – Assessment of Existing Corporate Culture and Inclusion
- Programs vs. Best Practices of Corporate Leaders in the Field
- Latino/Hispanic – complete
- Black/African-American – in development
- Asian/Pacific Islander – in development
- Showcase of the Stars™ – career exploration program for High School & College students
- Recruiting Multicultural Talent
- Multicultural Talent Acquisition Consulting
- Middle Management Coaching (GM, Director,)
- Risk Management Consultation
- Hispanic Market Solutions
- Diversity Visibility in Online Branding of Foodservice Organizations (Website Cultural Inclusiveness Assessment)
- Diversity Study: State of the Industry
Digital & Print Publications
- Multicultural Leadership Ads
- MFHA ENewsletters
- “Members Only” Resources
- Founded in 1996 to increase the representation, advancement and development of multicultural employees in the food & hospitality industry.
- Today, Culture & Inclusion agenda has evolved to Building Cultural Intelligence.
“The MFHA Suite of Solutions and Services are specific to the challenges of the restaurant, foodservice and lodging industries and will help our industry continue its leadership in multicultural awareness achievement.”
Central Zone Vice President, Foodservice
Coca-Cola North America
“I highly recommend MFHA’s Cultural Intelligence Workshop. It is a business must to effectively engage talent and customers in order to achieve growth goals.”
VP, Sourcing and Talent Acquisition
“MFHA offers innovative programs that strategically position organizations to maximize the multicultural opportunities for today and the future.”
VP- Corporate Development & Diversity
“Developing culturally intelligent leaders is critical for innovation and long-term business success.”
Senior Director – Global Diversity & Inclusion
YUM! Brands, Inc.
“We are thrilled to work with the folks at MFHA and Gerry Fernandez, in providing our employees with practical insights on how to leverage knowledge of difference cultures for business advantages. Employees who have participated in the workshops conducted by Gerry have commented that the information shared has been a real eye opener and will help them to better engage our employees of color provide a higher level of customer service to our customers of color.”
Director of Diversity/Employee Relations
Gordon Food Service